Buhari hosts National Assembly election winners of Daura constituency
President Muhammadu Buhari hosted winners of the Senate and House of Representatives elections in Daura Zone of Katsina on Monday.
His media aide, Malam Garba Shehu, stated that the president hosted the National Assembly members-elect at his country home in Daura and advised them to “respect the voters and make them feel important.
“If you don’t, they will wait in ambush for you at the next election. Depending on how you deal with them, they will keep you in office, or they will send you packing.’’
He congratulated the Senator-elect, Malam Nasiru Sani of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who polled 174,062 votes to beat the incumbent, Sen. Ahmed Babba-Kaita, by more than 10,000 votes.
Babba-Kaita had defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) following his defeat at the APC’s primary election.
Buhari also welcomed the election of Alhaji Aminu Jamo (APC), House of Representatives member-elect for Daura/Sandamu/Mai Adua Federal Constituency who defeated his PDP opponent by more than 10,000 votes.
The National Legal Adviser of the APC, Ahmed El-Marzuq, who led the elected representatives, told the president that the good showing of the party owed largely to progress recorded in the senatorial zone under the Buhari presidency.
El-Marzuq cited several projects, which he said had enhanced education, entrepreneurship, social development and the development of human capital in the area.
He presented copies of the election results to the president.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Release arrested Eze Igbo immediately – Igbo Youths to DSS
- Obiajulu Uja: Lawyer claims man arrested mentally challenged
- I can marry man above 60 – Linda John
- WAEC releases 2023 results
- DSS, police arrest Eze Igbo who threatened to invite IPOB to Lagos
- Fayose threatens to sue PDP for suspending him, demands apology
- APC suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie
- Lagos Govt to repair Third Mainland Bridge on Sunday
- APC group disowns former D-G
- APC optimistic of victory in Sokoto supplementary poll