Court varies Sowore’s bail conditions
The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday reviewed the bail conditions earlier granted to Omoleye Sowore, Convener, #RevolutionNow movement and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare.
The court had Oct. 4, the court granted Sowore N50 million bail, with two sureties in like sum, and to deposit N50million as security. Bakare was also granted N50million bail with one surety.
Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, waived his earlier order that Sowore deposit N50million as security and reduced the amount attached to Bakare’s bail from N50million to N20million.
Ojukwu said all earlier bail conditions by the court remained, and emphasised the restraining order on the defendants from participating in rallies due to the nature of the case.
The matter was adjourned until Nov.6 for commencement of trial.
The court ordered that Sowore’s sureties must reside in Abuja, with landed property in Abuja worth the bail sum. They are to deposit the original title documents of the property with the court.
She also barred Sowore from traveling out of Abuja and the second defendant out of Osogbo, during the pendency of the case.
Sowore was charged to court by the Federal Government on a seven-count bordering on treasonable felony, money laundering, among others
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50