Court varies Sowore’s bail conditions
The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday reviewed the bail conditions earlier granted to Omoleye Sowore, Convener, #RevolutionNow movement and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare.
The court had Oct. 4, the court granted Sowore N50 million bail, with two sureties in like sum, and to deposit N50million as security. Bakare was also granted N50million bail with one surety.
Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, waived his earlier order that Sowore deposit N50million as security and reduced the amount attached to Bakare’s bail from N50million to N20million.
Ojukwu said all earlier bail conditions by the court remained, and emphasised the restraining order on the defendants from participating in rallies due to the nature of the case.
The matter was adjourned until Nov.6 for commencement of trial.
The court ordered that Sowore’s sureties must reside in Abuja, with landed property in Abuja worth the bail sum. They are to deposit the original title documents of the property with the court.
She also barred Sowore from traveling out of Abuja and the second defendant out of Osogbo, during the pendency of the case.
Sowore was charged to court by the Federal Government on a seven-count bordering on treasonable felony, money laundering, among others
- BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- COVID-19: UK records death of another medical doctor
- Buhari wishes PM Boris Johnson quick recovery
- COVID-19 is real, Iba of Kishi sensitizes subjects
- It is no time to panic, Gov. Abdulrazaq tells Kwarans
- COVID-19: Kwara begins contact tracing of 75 persons
- FG suspends payment of interest on debts owed by state govts
- Gov. Ayade imposes N300,000 fine for mask-usage refusal
- How Gov. Seyi Makinde got cured from coronavirus infection
- Buhari hails Amb. Boladei Igali at 60
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics6 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen