Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq gave the advice in Ilorin while receiving the Nigeria COVID-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus Committee.
The governor, who was represented by his Deputy, Mr Kayode Alabi, said the disease had wreaked havoc globally, but had also been contained by the state government’s proactive intervention and public support.
AbdulRazaq applauded the Federal Government’s NG CARES Initiative, for prioritising the vulnerable and cushioning the effect of the pandemic by supporting each state with $20 million in the World Bank Group grants.
He assured residents of proper use of the fund when received.
The Team Lead, NG CARES, Mr Godwin Ameh, said the team was verifying the state’s preparedness and providing feedback to the Federal Government.
He noted that Kwara had been found to be fully ready for NG CARES implementation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion