The NCDC, on its official Twitter handle on Friday, also disclosed that the country added one COVID-19 related death while fatalities stood at 2,059.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the country’s daily new cases continue to fall from an all-time high of 2,314 daily new positive cases on Jan. 22, down to 48 as at March 29.
The agency said that the 71 new cases were reported from nine states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It said Lagos topped the list with 24 infections, followed by Yobe 13, Rivers 9, Akwa Ibom 6, FCT 6, Kano 6, Osun 3, Delta 2, Jigawa 1 and Plateau 1.
The NCDC said 68 persons recovered and were discharged from isolation centres across the country, which brought the number of COVID-19 recoveries to 154,073.
It said that the country’s active cases slightly increased by two, from 7,518 on Thursday to 7,520 on Friday.
NCDC said that a multi-sectoral National Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
It stated that the country had tested 1,803,177 persons since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 on Feb. 27, 2020.
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt