The NCDC said this on its official Twitter handle on Monday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the 42 new infections represent an increase from the 40 cases logged on Sunday and the 35 reported Saturday.
It stated that the 42 were registered from seven states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The agency said the new cases included 14 from Lagos, 11 from Gombe, 5 from Osun and Kano, 4 from FCT and 1 from Edo, Kaduna and Rivers.
The agency noted that today’s report included 0 cases from Plateau, Nasarawa and Sokoto States.
It, however, stated that no new deaths were announced on May 24, making the death toll stand at 2,067.
The NCDC stated that there were now 166,061 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, including deaths and recoveries.
It said 16 people recovered from the virus and were discharged after testing negative, which brought the total number of recoveries in the country to 156,492.
It said there were about 7,476 active cases across the country as of May 24.
It added that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, continued to coordinate the national response activities.
The NCDC said it had tested over two million people since the beginning of pandemic on Feb. 27, 2020.
Meanwhile, it noted that to prevent the risk of the spread of COVID-19, Nigerians must adhere to all public health measures.
“It is our collective responsibility to keep each other safe, healthy and protected,” it said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment