The NCDC disclosed this on Friday morning via its official website.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the additional 601 COVID-19 infections, on Thursday, indicated an increase from the 299 cases reported on Wednesday.
It also indicated that the active cases in the country now stand at 8,964 from the 8,799 reported 24 hours earlier.
The disease control centre said that the additional 601 new infections were confirmed Thursday across 16 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
This raises the total number of confirmed infections in Nigeria to 200,957.
“Lagos (173), Edo (97), FCT (68), Rivers (50), Delta (45), Kaduna (28), Ondo (28), Akwa Ibom (25), Bayelsa (16), Imo (16), Plateau (15), Anambra (12), Ekiti (11), Cross River (6), Oyo (6), Gombe (3), and Benue (2),” it said.
It added that over 2. 9 million samples of the virus out of the nation’s roughly 200 million population were tested.
According to the centre, a total of 189, 346 coronavirus patients have been successfully treated and discharged after recovery, as at Sept. 15.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre, activated at Level 2, has continued to coordinate the national response activities.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks