The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Thursday.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the centre said the fatality toll in the country remained 2,058.
It also added that that daily new cases have also continued to follow a downward trajectory, from an all-time high of 2,314 on Jan. 22.
The agency said that with the 83 new cases of COVID-19, the total number of infections in the country is 163,581.
It said that the new COVID-19 cases were recorded in 14 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The centre said that country recorded 154,005 recoveries since the onset of COVID-19 in the country.
The agency said that there were currently 7,690 active cases across the country.
The agency said a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre, activated at Level III, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
The centre. said so far, 1,803,177, had been tested since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 was announced on Feb.27, 2020.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign