The centre posted the figure on its Facebook page on Tuesday morning.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 387 represent an increase from the 365 cases reported on Sunday.
The public health agency noted that with 21 COVID-19- related deaths recorded, the death toll has increased to 2,619.
The NCDC said Delta variant was the dormant variant circulating in Nigeria, pointing out that it was much more contagious than other COVID-19 variants.
The centre urged people who have yet to be vaccinated to do so and called on all Nigerians to use face mask.
“Everyone in areas of substantial high transmission should wear a mask, even if vaccinated,” it advised.
The NCDC said that the number of active coronavirus infections had again risen to 10,135, an increase from 8, 492 reported on Monday.
The centre, however, did not indicate if the majority of the known active cases were of the Delta variant.
According to the NCDC, of the 387 infections, Lagos recorded 114, Rivers 91, the FCT 32, Edo 31 and Delta 28.
Kwara recorded 20, Bayelsa 18, Akwa Ibom 15, Oyo 10, Osun 8, Gombe 5, Plateau 5, Ekiti 4, Ogun 3, Kano 2 and Kaduna 1.
According to the NCDC, Nigeria as of Sept. 13, successfully treated 188, 427 COVID-19 patients.
It, however, noted that Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases jumped to 199,538 on Monday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)