Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a two-year deal with Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr.
According to Saudi Arabian news outlet Al Arabiya, the 37-year-old signed the deal on Friday after holding talks with the club.
It has been reported that Ronaldo agreed on a deal with a huge salary following the bitter end to his second stint in English football.
Ronaldo left Manchester United last month after his contract was mutually terminated on the back of his explosive tell-all interview with Piers Morgan.
During the interview with the TV presenter, Ronaldo blasted United, former manager Ralf Rangnick, current boss Erik ten Hag and also took aim at former teammates such as Gary Neville and Wayne Rooney.
Ever since the interview went public, there was no way back for Ronaldo at United and his contract was ultimately ripped up in November.
Reports in Spain have suggested that Ronaldo’s deal is in fact for seven years. The Portugal captain will play for two and a half years before moving into an ambassadorial role. His payment is due to increase over time.
The move to Saudi Arabia will come as a surprise, especially after Ronaldo himself stated that he wanted to continue to play at the highest level. It was well documented that he was looking to sign for a club in the Champions League, however, a move never materialised.
Al-Nassr are one of the most successful clubs in Saudi Arabia and have won the country’s top league on nine occasions. Their last league win came three years ago back in 2019.
Prior to Al-Nassr, Ronaldo was linked with the likes of Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and even a stunning return to Sporting Lisbon.
After a disappointing end to his United career, Ronaldo was hoping the 2022 World Cup would bring him more joy.
However, his World Cup dream ended in tears as Portugal were knocked out by Morocco in the quarter-final stage.
Do you think moving to Al-Nassr is the right move for Ronaldo? Let us know in the comments.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets