The match finished 1-1 after extra time, with Bruno Petkovic cancelling out Neymar’s brilliant solo opener.
The World Cup quarter-final between Croatia and Brazil went to penalties after the match finished 1-1 at the end of extra time.
Neymar scored at the end of the first period of extra time but Bruno Petkovic levelled in the 117th minute in remarkable scenes in Qatar.
Neymar equalled Pele’s record of 77 Brazil goals after scoring against Croatia. The forward fired home from close range in extra time to put Brazil ahead and match Pele’s tally, achieved between 1957 and 1971.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud