Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has appointed the trio of Razaq Adio; Barrister Falola Jimoh Olarewaju; and Fatima Asabe Jiyah as members of the board of the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service (KW-IRS).
Adio, who holds Higher National Diploma in Public Administration, was a board member of the Kwara Investment and Property Development Company Ltd and a former Registrar II at the Nigeria Immigration Service Visa Registry Ikoyi. He is a grassroots politician from Kwara Central.
Falola, from Ifelodun local government, was until the appointment the Principal Partner at the Lanre Falola & Co. law firm in Lagos.
He was a one-time National Legal Adviser of the Democratic People’s Party and Deputy Director General of the AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq Campaign Organisation 2018-2019.
He is a member of the International Bar Association, Nigerian Bar Association, and an alumnus of the University of Lagos.
Fatimah Asabe Jiyah, a fine communicator and an alumnus of the National Open University, is a staff of the Kwara State Television and a household name for her Nupe programme on radio — _Dabe Yi Baza_ .
She was a financial Secretary of the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ).
The Governor has also appointed Mr. Oladipo Adewumi Oluwafemi as the *General Manager* of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) in Kwara State.
An indigene of Oke Ero, the appointee comes well recommended for the top job.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Geology from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Master’s of Business Administration from University of Ilorin.
He’s worked at the Rural Water and Sanitation Component of the Federal Government of Nigeria/European Union/Middle Belt Development Programme. He was Deputy Head/Acting Head of Drilling Operations of the programme.
He is a member of the Council of Nigeria Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (COMEG); Nigeria Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS); and Nigerian Association of Hydrologists (NAH).
The appointments take immediate effect.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants