E-X-P-O-S-E-D: Why we dumped our parties for APC—- Imo Assembly Speaker
Following the Supreme Court’s ruling which declared Senator Hope Uzodinma as the governor of Imo State, there was massive defection by members of the State House of Assembly to the All Progressives Congress, (APC).
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Speaker, Hon. Collins Chiji, also dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) for the APC few days ago.
However, the lawmakers who defected from the PDP, Action Alliance and the All Progressive Grand Alliance have been accused of receiving N50m and a plot of land each to perfect their defection games.
Speaking with journalists at the weekend, Hon. Chiji said: “There is no iota of truth in the speculation that we were financially induced to join APC.
“The personality of the governor informed our decision. The governor is a good man. Our love for our state made us to join APC”.
He therefore debunked the rumour of any financial inducement by the governor stressing that the moves was in the collective interest of the people of the state.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election
- APC candidate, Ahmed Aliyu wins sokoto guber polls