The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced that six governorship aspirants in Edo will be screened for its primary election.
The exercise has been scheduled for June 22.
Lanre Issa-Onilu, APC National Publicity Secretary, in a statement on Friday said the aspirants have bought, completed and submitted their expression of interest and nomination forms.
They are Governor Godwin Obaseki, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Pius Odubu, Chris Ogiemwonyi, Osaro Obazee and Matthew Aigbuhuenze Iduoriyekemwen.
APC said to ensure due diligence and transparency in the screening exercise and learning from recent shocking experiences, it was determined to avoid any lapses in the process.
“Therefore, we are making the submitted information and documents of the governorship aspirants available to our party members and the public for verification of claims and to support the screening panel with information or any objection to the claims contained in the submission by the aspirants.”
The various submissions will be displayed at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja and in Benin, the Edo State capital, from Monday, 8th to Tuesday 9th June, 2020 for claims and objections.
The party invited its members and members of the public to assist the screening committee by scrutinizing the information, credentials and documents provided by the governorship aspirants and availing the Screening Committee of counter and correct information, if applicable.
Submission of completed forms and accompanying documents ended Wednesday, 3rd June, 2020.
The statement said publication of claims and objections will be from Monday, 8th to Tuesday 9th June, 2020.
Screening of aspirants has been slated for Wednesday, 10th to Thursday 11th June, 2020.
This will be followed by Screening Appeal which will hold on Friday, 12th June, 2020.
The Primary Election will hold on Monday, 22nd June, 2020, while Election Appeal has been slated for Wednesday, 24th June, 2020.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday