The Labour Party youth leader and senatorial candidate of Edo North Senatorial District, Comrade Anslem Eragbe who emerged through consensus and affirmation by delegates from the six Local Government Areas that comprised the Edo North senatorial district during the party’s primary held in Auchi, Etsako West Local government area has pledged free education when elected as a Senator coming 2023-2027.
With the Theme: Repositioning the Sociopolitical and Economic Landscape of Edo-North Senatorial District 2023-2027 by Legislating from consumption to production.
Speaking with some journalists on Wednesday in Abuja during stakeholders meeting of the party, the Labour Party (LP) senatorial candidate thanked the delegates for the opportunity given him to represent the people in the district at the national assembly.
Eragbe who was a former Student Union President of Ahmadu Bello University, ABUSUG, ABU, Zaria said that, the task at hand today is to rescue Nigeria from bad past government adding that the presidential candidate of the party, Mr. Peter Obi has made it clear why we need to move Nigeria from consumption to production.
“We need to change the sharing formula to production formula, the era of sharing the national cake is over” he said.
According to him, he said Nigeria is the most endowed nation on the surface of the earth in terms of human resources and natural endowments saying that Nigerians shouldn’t have business with poverty but are in poverty as a result of maladministration and lack of good leadership.
He said on this premise, the Nigeria Labour movement, NLC & TUC and their trade unions came together in very strong terms with eight other political parties to form the Third Force which adopted the Labour Party (LP) as the alternative political party to rescue Nigeria and Nigerians.
Eragbe therefore said that the Labour party will ensure that education is free, fair and qualitative and also ensure that we do away with strike actions in our tertiary institutions while health care services and political system would be stabilised with economic diversification.
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment