A video, code-named: “EFCC and Army Wahala” gaining traction across the social media, once again, compels the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to reiterate its warning to skit makers and other social workers to desist from using the operational identities of the Commission illegally and irresponsibly.
“EFCC and Army Wahala” is a caricature of the operational etiquette of the EFCC. The shameful characterization of supposed operatives of the Commission in the video unleashing terror on “suspects”, is not only embarrassing but indicative of deliberate attempt to cast shadows on the image of the EFCC.
Operatives of the EFCC are not bullies. They are trained as refined modern law enforcement officers rich in decency, civility and respect for members of the public, including suspects of economic and financial crimes.
Skit makers are warned again to desist from unauthorized use of the identities of the EFCC to ply their trade. The Commission will not hesitate to bring to book anyone caught displaying its operational identities for any engagement.
Head, Media & Publicity
November 15, 2023.
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*