A House of Representatives’ Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Asa/Ilorin West Federal Constituency, Alhaji Ibrahim Mohammed Ajia, has enjoined Muslim faithful nationwide to pray for peace, security and stability of the country.
Ajia said the prayer became imperative in view of the frequency of assaults on the nation arising from insurgency, banditry, kidnapping and other related crimes.
This was contained in Eid-el-Kabir message, which the PDP House of Representatives candidate personally signed and made available to Journalists in Ilorin.
Ajia, a renowned philanthropist, who is also the Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Mohammed Ajia Ibrahim (MAI) Foundation, said it has been established that Muslim faithful are within the period of piety, which they had exhibited in the last 10 days.
He noted that the the moment could be leveraged upon to seek the face of the Almighty Allah to intercede on the spate of insecurity threatening the fabric of the nation.
“This is a trying moment for our nation in view of the frequency of assaults that are targeted at destabilizing us as a people. From all indications, banditry, kidnapping, insurgency and other related crimes are becoming overwhelming.
“And when situations of these nature persist, it would be appropriate to seek the face of the Almighty Allah to intercede for us. And the Eid-el-Kabir celebration has offered Muslim faithful an ample time to pray fervently for peace, security and stability of our nation.
“We cannot afford to fold our arms when our issues are getting to a tipping point. Since we cannot carry arms and ammunition like those in the theatre or battlefield, we should play our own role of praying and lending moral and emotional support to those gallant officers working day and night to enable us sleep with our two eyes closed.
“In the last 10 days, we have exhibited piety through our series of supplications to the Almighty Allah. We can leverage on the momentum to plead for His mercies and intervention to rid our country of calamitous situations”, Ajia said.
The frontline security expert also called on Muslims to emulate the selflessness and sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim and submit themselves totally to the will of the Almighty Allah.
He particularly urged the people of Ilorin West and Asa Local Government Areas to unite, eschew divisive tendencies and work for peace and tranquility of Ilorin Emirate.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated