By Arowona Abdulazeez
Nigerians have been advised to always sacrifice self interest and embrace patriotism, harmony, peace and tranquility in their dealings with each other in order to ensure that the nation remains united.
The Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association, (IEYDA) in its Eid-Fitr Sallah message signed on Monday by the National President and Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Babatunde Salaudeen and Uthman Jagunmo respectively wished Muslim faithful a blissful festival.
The group also urged Muslims to always remember the numerous lessons such as tolerance, kindness, patience, steadfastness among others, learnt during the glorious month of Ramadan and always imbibe the culture of discipline and honesty.
It further appealed to government at all levels to make the welfare of the masses their topmost priority in order to promote the desired peace and security in the country.
In addition, the group condemned in entirety the rumour making rounds that there was disruption of the annual Ramadan programme held at the Ilorin Emir’s palace stressing that “Nothing of such happened”.
According to the statement, “What happened at the event was as a result of the influx of crowd at the event” even as the group debunked the negative reports on facebook and other social media.
IEYDA however felicitated with the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari as well as the entire members of the association led by the Chiarman Board of Trustees and Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Professor AbdulGaniyu Ambali, over the successful completion of the spiritual exercise.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection