Elerin of Erin-Ile dies at 81, Kwara Gov. mourns
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has commiserated with the people of Erin Ile on the passing of the Elerin of Erin Ile Oba AbdulGaniyu Ajibola Olusokun II (MFR), describing the development as the end of a fine era.
In a statement on Saturday, the Governor extolled the late monarch as a statesman and a great leader of his people under whom Erin-Ile recorded many developmental strides.
“I send our heartfelt condolences to the immediate and extended families of the late first class monarch as well as the good people of Erin-Ile and Oyun Local Government Area on this sad development. We are comforted by the great legacies of the monarch,” he said.
“Our prayers are with the family and the good people of the community at this time and always. We pray Allah, exalted is He, to grant Al-jannah to the Elerin of Erin Ile and comfort his family.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari