The FCT Police Command has taken Senator Elisha Abbo to the Magistrate Court in Zuba Abuja for arraignment.
Although the number of charges he would be arraigned for is yet unknown, a source in the Command said the Senator would be arraigned for assault amongst others.
The Senator was captured on camera assaulting a woman at a sex toy shop in Abuja.
After public outcry, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu directed the Commissioner of Police in charge of FCT, Bala Ciroma to investigate the matter.
The investigation led to the invitation of the Senator to the Command, which further led to his detention on Thursday.
He was however released on Friday afternoon after meeting the bail conditions.
Confirming his arraignment to The Nation, the FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Bala Ciroma said: “I know you are calling to confirm about the Senator. They are presently on their way to Zuba Magistrate court for his arraignment.”
On the number of charges he would arraign for, Ciroma said: “I will get back to you on that because I am presently in a meeting.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal