By Hammed Salawu, Minna
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) has said that the epileptic supply of electricity to Niger state was not deliberate, insisting that the supply company is only rationing according to the supply capacity. to the state.
Responding to questions after delivering his lecture, the keynote speaker at the launch of Power Update Magazine, who is also the Corporate Affairs Manager, AEDC, Mr. Fadipe Oyebode said, instability in the national grid has been responsible for the power challenge.
According to Oyebode who spoke on “The Media, Nigeria Electricity Supply Industry (NESI) over the weekend in Minna, the AEDC is mindful of its customers safety and satisfaction.
According to him “our desire is to see that every part of our franchise area is attended to. We have had instability in the grid and it is responsible for the power challenges we have in Niger state.
“There is no deliberate policy to deny Nigerlites of electricity. Whatever is coming to Niger is a function of what we have. The quantum we get is what we give out.”
He also disclosed that, the population of the country is growing at a rapid rate but the funds available for the turn around of the power sector is not coming at the same place.
According to him “we need to know that the power sector is highly and very capital intensive. On the issue of cost reflective tariff, some time last year we entered into an agreement for the supply of metres to the tune of over N10 billion, just one item and we were not able to provide up to three hundred thousand (300,000) pieces of metres not to talk of transformers, cables, vehicles, staff salaries and so on.”
He further charged consumers of electricity in Nigeria to be accountable and responsible in dealings with the AEDC.
In his remarks, the Editor in Chief of the magazine, Abdulhamid Idowu Adeshina said his discovery of a a vacuum in the reporting of the power prompted his desire to start the magazine.
According to Adeshina “the magazine will keep all stakeholders abreast of global energy competitors especially in the area of energy supplies, massive investment in electricity generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure and developing renewable sources.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections