A female member of the National Youth Service Corps scheme serving in Osun State, Ayomikun Ademorayo Juliana, on Sunday died after she reportedly washed her hair with Sniper, an insecticide, to eliminate lice.
Ayomikun was serving with the Osun State House of Assembly, according to some reports on Facebook.
The Punch reported that Ayomikun, an orphan, discovered lice in her hair while preparing for a new hairdo to mark her birthday on July 18.
The discovery greatly unsettled her so much that she was advised to apply sniper as an antidote. She reportedly took the sniper to her hairdresser, to apply on her hair.
But the sniper triggered an unexpected reaction. According to a Facebook account, blood started coming out from her mouth, nose and ears. The first hospital, where she was taken rejected her, before being admitted at Our Lady of Fatima hospital, in Osogbo.
PUNCH Metro said the doctor on duty declared her dead on arrival.
Ayomikun was an orphan with two dependent siblings. One is in secondary school and the other in a primary school in Lagos.
The deceased, who studied Human Kinetics at the Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, it was learnt, lost her mother in June this year, while her father died some years ago.
Ademorayo was buried on Monday in Osogbo, with all the NYSC honours.
On her Facebook page, she indicated in her profile that she went to Babcock University High School for her secondary education. On Monday, some of her 103 friends on Facebook expressed surprise about her death.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections