ROYAL NEWS has learnt that the Emir of Rano, Dr Tafida Abubakar Ila ll, has been hospitalized.
It was gathered that Rano Emirate Council is one of the four newly created emirates in Kano state.
Daily Trust reports that it is uncertain whether the emir’s illness is related or not to Covid-19.
A source at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH) confided in Daily Trust that Dr Ila ll was brought to AKTH in a critical condition in the early hours of today.
He, however, said that the emir had been referred to Nassarawa Specialist Hospital for further medical attention.
“As I am speaking with you now (around 2:55PM), the vehicle that is conveying the emir to Nassarawa hospital just left the premises of AKTH. The condition of the emir was critical as at the time they departed AKTH.”
Confirming the development, one of the traditional title holders in Rano emirate, who craved for anonymity, said the emir was first rushed to AKTH but for lack of oxygen he was referred to Nassarawa hospital.
The said: “The emir is in critical condition and from the look of things, it could be a case of COVID-19. May Allah protect us all, but the situation is alarming.”
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes