Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns late Elerin of Erin-Ile, Oba Olusookun II
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has described the death of the Elerin of Erin-Ile, Oba Ibrahim Abdulganiyu Ajibola Olusookun II, as a monumental loss to Kwarans and humanity in general.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari stated this in his condolence message issued by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Saturday.
He noted that, the late monarch led his people for 41years with commitments, dedication and fear of God adding that, “history will continue to be kind to him, even, at death.”
The Emir, on behalf of the entire members of the Kwara State Council of Chiefs however commiserated with the Elerin-In-Coucil, the people of Erin-Ile kingdom, members of the Oyun Traditional Rulers Council, government and people of Kwara State over the colossal loss.
He also condoled the immediate and extended family members of the deceased, urging them to find solace in the fact that late Oba Olusookun II lived an exemplary life worthy of emulation with landmark achievements for his community.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari therefore prayed Allah to forgive the shortcomings of the late monarch, accept his good deeds and admit him into al-janatul firdaos.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike