Residents of Port Harcourt defied Governor Wike’s directive and stormed the streets on Tuesday October 13, to join the #EndSars protest.
The protesters converged at the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park at about 9am and began their procession armed with various placards chanting #EndSars
Reports say they are currently marching towards the Government House along Azikiwe Road.
Recall that the Rivers State Governor had on Tuesday banned all proposed protests by #EndSars campaigners in the state.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud