France World Cup winner and Chelsea striker, Olivier Giroud feels he has been “disrespected” and “underrated” during his career, but accepts that he is never going to win favour with everybody.
Giroud, who has scored over 100 goals for Arsenal and 37 for Chelsea, has also won major silverware with club and country.
Aged 34, Giroud now a veteran, says he has learnt to accept criticism.
“It doesn’t matter who you are, everybody gets disrespected,” Giroud told Stadium Astro.
“There is nobody who will be praised by everybody. You know it is part football, part of the game.
“Sometimes people want other players to play. I understand that with that experience and I’m okay with that.
“Maybe sometimes I am underrated but the most important thing is the numbers. For a striker that is what matters.
“As long as I am efficient for the club team and Les Bleus and making my family proud, the rest I concede.”
Giroud with 9 goals to his name this season says he is enjoying working under Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge.
“It’s nice to have a younger manager,” said Giroud.
“He is still learning through his career but has already got a lot of qualities to manage a team. He has got good ideas.
“It’s always nice to have a manager who was a big player and who has won a lot things and can help you to improve.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation