Expect knocks on your door — Tinubu to Buhari
“President-elect” Bola Tinubu has told the outgoing President, Muhammadu Buhari to always expect knocks on his door, whether he (Buhari) relocates to his home town in Daura, Katsina state or Niger Republic after the inauguration ceremony on Monday.
Tinubu mentioned this during his speech at the Investiture Ceremony in Abuja on Thursday. He said, “Expect knocks on your door whether you go to Daura or Niger Republic or wherever.”
He added, “I am a simple man who is the beneficiary of the support and goodwill of the people of Nigeria. The people have put their trust in us. You have done your part, Mr. President. “Now, that great duty descends on me. I understand the meaning of the honour given to me today and of the task that awaits. I must run this race and must do it well. On security, the economy, agriculture, jobs, education, health and power and in all other sectors we must make headway. The people deserve no less. In this, I shall disappoint neither them nor you, Mr President.”
Tinubu’s statement comes only days after President Muhammadu Buhari stated that if he was disturbed or there was turmoil after he left office on May 29, 2023, he would go to nearby Niger Republic to seek refuge.
Earlier, the president expressed trust in Tinubu to keep his regime on track. Buhari remarked on Monday at the Presidential Fleet Review, 2023, at the Naval Dockyard Limited, Victoria Island, Lagos, that the next administration would retain the relationship he had with the Nigerian Navy by providing required support as and when it was due.
The President had said, “I have no doubt that the incoming administration of President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, will sustain the current tempo of my administration in giving the Navy necessary support to effectively carry out its assigned tasks.”
“I expect this to translate into the actual capability to dominate Nigeria’s maritime environment and secure the vast resources therein for the socio-economic development of our great country.”
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa
- Iyabo Ojo slammed with ₦18M tax by Lagos Govt, she reacts
- Oluremi Tinubu steps into First Lady’s office
- Increase workers minimum wage to N200,000 – TUC tells FG