Tottenham was knocked out of the FA cup by Norwich on Wednesday,
in which Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier was seen leaping over the advertising hoardings
as he then climbs over the seats, before it appears that he has targeted one person, which
he wasn’t able to get hold of as other fans and supporters got involved.
Totteham manager, Jose Mourinho suggested that Eric has reacted to insults towards a family member
and defended his reaction, though he added it wasn’t professional of the player.
“I cannot run away from the question and I think Eric Dier did something that we
professionals cannot but, in these circumstances, something that every one of
us would do.
“When someone insults you and your family is there, and your
family gets involved with the person that is insulting you,
in this case your younger brother, I think Eric did what we professionals
cannot but, I repeat, probably every one of us would do.
“I am with the player and understand the player.
“The fans I think were with the team until the last penalty kick that we miss.
The people that is in this privilege positions, in this area of the tunnel,
of course some are Tottenham fans, but I think a lot of corporation,
a lot of invitation, a lot of people with some special status, and probably
the place in the stadium where I have some doubts if they are the real,
the real Tottenham fans.
“Because these are the ones who support the boys until the last.
This one who insulted Eric, the family was there, the younger brother
was not happy with the situation, and then Eric, I repeat, did what we
professionals cannot do, but did something that probably we would do.”
Asked if Tottenham would discipline Dier, Mourinho said: “If the club does that,
I will not agree.”
Although reports on social media suggested Dier reacted in that manner due to Gedson
Fernandez being racial abused after missing his penalty in the shootout.
the manger was unsure if the statement was true he said: “I cannot say, I do not know.
I just know the reaction of Eric was based on that his brother didn’t like what was happening there.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor