The Federal University Dutsinma (FUDMA) in Katsina State has offered free admission and scholarship to some female hawkers loitering around the school gates to further their education in the institution.
The Vice Chancellor (VC) of the University, Prof. Armaya’u Hamisu-Bichi made this known during signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Developing and Entrenching Gender Concepts, Policies, Tools and Practices on Violence against Women and Girls (VAWG).
This is contained in the university’s weekly bulletin signed by the institution’s spokesperson Malam Habibu Umar-Amin in Katsina.
The VC said that the girls were drawn from some Communities across Local Government Areas (LGAs) neighbouring the University.
”This gesture is part of our corporate social responsibilitiy to the host communities. It also aimed at taking these yound girls off the street.
”This will also go a long way in addressing social vices against women and children that have been identified as the most vulnerable in our society.
“It is an initiative of the university management that gave rehabilitation and admission to some identified female hawkers loitering the university gates,” he said.
Hamisu-Bichi said the university has zero tolerance for violence against women and girls.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt