It was also gathered that the armed robbers, numbering four, wore masks and fired gunshots to scare people before pouncing on their target.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that one of the witnesses narrated that the hoodlums, who were in Toyota Camry (Muscle) car, had trailed a Lexus car marked “Sarkin Samarin Bacita” on the number plate.
“The car should be that of a traditional title holder in Bacita in the Edu Local Government Area of Kwara.
“The Lexus Car was going on the street, with two people inside the vehicle when suddenly the Toyota Camry (muscle) overtook it and carted away large sum of money.
The witness, however, said that no one was injured in the attack, adding that some Police officers later accompanied the two victims to the scene of the robbery for investigation.
The source also said that the robbery occurred near an abandoned government-owned refuse disposal truck which the community had earlier called for its removal.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Okasanmi Ajayi, said that the incident was yet to be brought to his notice.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt