The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mr Olukayode Popoola says the contract for the rehabilitation of damaged Airport Road flyover has been awarded and the contractor mobilised to begin work.
Popoola told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Wednesday that the contractor was ready to move to the site.
He said that the Permanent Secretary, the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Alhaji Babangida Hussaini, was able to fulfil a promise he made to fast track the process for award of the contract.
Popoola, however, declined comment on the contractor who won the bid for the rehabilitation of the bridge damaged by petrol tanker fire.
“When the contractor comes everybody will see him but I am telling you authoritatively that what the permanent secretary promised has come to reality, it has been awarded to a contractor.
“The contract was awarded before the end of March 2021 because immediately the permanent secretary got to Abuja, he approved it,’’ Popoola said.
He assured that all documentations as regard the project award had been completed and the Director, Bridge and Design had given assurance on the take-off of the project.
The controller said that he was expecting the contractor to resume the site soon in the month of May.
Recall that the permanent secretary had on March 17 promised rehabilitation on the damaged Lagos Airport link bridge by ending the month (March).
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others