The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mr Olukayode Popoola says the contract for the rehabilitation of damaged Airport Road flyover has been awarded and the contractor mobilised to begin work.
Popoola told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Wednesday that the contractor was ready to move to the site.
He said that the Permanent Secretary, the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Alhaji Babangida Hussaini, was able to fulfil a promise he made to fast track the process for award of the contract.
Popoola, however, declined comment on the contractor who won the bid for the rehabilitation of the bridge damaged by petrol tanker fire.
“When the contractor comes everybody will see him but I am telling you authoritatively that what the permanent secretary promised has come to reality, it has been awarded to a contractor.
“The contract was awarded before the end of March 2021 because immediately the permanent secretary got to Abuja, he approved it,’’ Popoola said.
He assured that all documentations as regard the project award had been completed and the Director, Bridge and Design had given assurance on the take-off of the project.
The controller said that he was expecting the contractor to resume the site soon in the month of May.
Recall that the permanent secretary had on March 17 promised rehabilitation on the damaged Lagos Airport link bridge by ending the month (March).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kwara: EFCC Arrests Two Clerics, Five Suspected Fraudsters In Hotel
- Customs generates N1.293trn revenue in six months –Official
- Police arrest father over daughter’s death in Kogi
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law