The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has trained 40 food vendors under its National Homegrown School Feeding Programme on good hygiene in Bauchi State.
Hajiya Sadiya Umar-Farouq, Minister in charge of the ministry stated this during the inauguration of the training exercise on Friday in Bauchi.
Represented by Mr Abbas Adamu, Head of Registry, Permanent Secretary Office of the Ministry, Umar-Farouq said the food vendors were trained on how to ensure effective management of resources given to them by the government.
She said the participants were expected to step down the training and train others in their respective communities.
“The trainees are expected to learn the skills of identifying potential hazards to food safety and apply the principles on food sanitation and good personal hygiene.
“The food vendors will be trained on maintaining safe and hygienic environment, food procurement, food costing, and kitchen portion control.
“Others are menu standardisation and financial Literacy which include record keeping, anti corruption measures, forming cooperatives, self empowerment among others,’’ she said.
The minister explained that the programme, an initiative of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, was aimed at providing succor to boost the health needs of students in public schools.
In her remarks, Hajiya Amina Katagum, N-SIP Focal Person in the state, lauded the gesture.
Represented by Alhaji Mohammed Sani. Head of N-Power project, Katagumsaid the, ‘‘N-SIP is being implemented in collaboration between the federal, state and local governments, aimed at feeding pupils in primary one to three,” she said.
According to her, the state currently engages 7,538 food vendors to cook for 444,099 pupils across the state, adding that the training would help the vendors as well as those that would subsequently join the programme.
A beneficiary, Mrs Hauwa Salihu from Toro LGA, said the training exercise came at a time when hygiene should be the watchword for women.
She appreciates the federal government for the gesture which she said impacted child education positivity.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates