This news of the fire incident is contained in a statement issued in Kano by the spokesman of the Kano State Fire Service, Alhaji Saminu Abdullahi.
He said the incident occurred on Monday afternoon.
“We received a distress call at Takai Fire Station at about 01:13p.m from the Local Government Security Service Unit and we immediately sent our rescue team to the scene at about 01:21p.m to stop the fire from spreading to the other shops.
“The dimension of the market premises is about 2,000 feet by 1,500 feet used as a central market.
“We successfully saved about 800 shelters from the fire’’ the state,“ the statement said.
He said it was being suspected that the fire was caused by smokers as the day was a market day.
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu