Anambra state governor-elect, Charles Soludo, will take over office from Governor Willie Obiano, today March 17.
A statement released by the Head, Soludo Media Office, Joe Anatune, says the swearing-in ceremony, would take place at the Government House, Agu-Awka, and is expected to be very low-key with 50 guests in attendance. After the swearing-in ceremony, Soludo is expected to inspect a guard of honor and then make his inaugural address to the people of the state.
The statement read in parts;
“The Anambra State Governor-elect, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, will officially be sworn in on Thursday (today) as the sixth democratically-elected governor of the state. Invited guests are expected to be seated by 9am prompt. Similarly, all accredited media houses are to be at the venue before 8am.
After the official swearing in, Prof Chukwuma Soludo will inspect a guard of honour and consequently makes his inaugural address to the people of Anambra State. Thereafter, an inter-denominational service will hold briefly before the new Governor immediately sets out to work
Please note this event is strictly low key and devoid of the usual merry-making and unbridled celebrations usually associated with occasions of this nature.”
On November 10, 2021, Soludo was declared winner of the state governorship election.
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price