Aminat Isah, Abuja
The former Minister of Transportation and current Minister-Designate, Hon Rotimi Amaechi, has been conferred with honour of the Knights of St.John of Catholic Church.
The honour which was from the Grand Master, Nigerian Temple Noble and Exalted Knights of the Holy Cross Knight of St. John International was conferred on the former Minister for his service to the Order and Humanity for over 20 years at the Pope John Paul II Catholic Centre in Abuja.
ROYAL NEWS reports that this is coming barely four days to the inauguration of Ministers by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking at the ceremony, Monsignor Kenneth Enang, in charge of the pope John II Catholic Centre explained that the promotion was premised on his support towards the growth of the Catholic church.
According to him, “We want to thank you Knights of St John’s, all the other knights, college of knights for the work you are doing for the church, for support we get from the Knights in many areas not only the financial support but the moral support.
“The Knights of St Colombo’s built the seminary we have now at kuje when cardinal Ecandem was alive and many of the Knights have built churches and handed over to the church. We ask God to bless you and your good works and let your labours not be in vain.”
In his acceptance remarks, Amaechi who is also a Minister-Designate expressed his joy on the promotion to the Knight order.
He said: “For our leaders, our grandmaster here present thinking that we are qualified, my friend Collyns and Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, we are very grateful and happy for considering us worthy of this great position. Thank you and God bless you.”
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks