Kano state Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has expressed optimism that Kano Dry Port, when commissioned, will eventually boost the economic activities of Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
Ganduje while inspecting the facility at the weekend also hinted that already the Presidents of Cameroon, Tchad, Niger, Central Africa have all indicated interest to patronize the multi-billion Naira project when it is commissioned.
Ganduje who was on assessment tour was conducted round the facility by the Chairman of Dala Inland Dry Port, Sahabo Abubakar Bawuro and the Managing Director, Ahmed Rabi’u.
He stated that, “all the Presidents of Niger Republic, Tchad, Cameroon and Central Africa have indicated their interest and readiness to be using Kano Dry Port for their imports and exports.”
According to him, “they all accepted to get across to Kano and send their officials to come and discuss with authorities over modus operandi of the new Dry Port. Before it takes off. Which, he said “…is the biggest in the country.”
He, however, expressed gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari for his commitment in creating the enabling environment for businesses to thrive in the state.
Governor Ganduje also acknowledged that President Buhari’s commitment and seriousness signify his love for the state to bounce back economically, “as a commercial hub for Northern Nigeria and some neighbouring African countries.”
He called on the would-be-managers of the Port to make sure that they run everything digitally and diligently.
“We are in a digital world. You should therefore make sure that you comply with the digital demand and operate within the realm of global best practice,” he said.
Governor Ganduje expressed satisfaction over the level of progress and commitment of both contractors and consultants handling the project.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting