In a statement issued on Sunday, Hon. Oyekunle who is also a Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) said that Nigeria has every reason to celebrate the continued existence of nationhood despite all odds.
According to him,”I strongly believe that we have the reason to commemorate the 63 years of being an independent, entity despite series of challenges that have confronted us as a people, talk of the Nigerian Civil War, Coup and Counter Coup and some disasters (natural and man made)”.
“The issue of insecurity in various parts of the country calls for concern, however I join millions of patriotic Nigerians to salute the gallantry of our security personnel in maintaining peace and harmony.”
He further stressed that, “I wish my great people of Kwara State, particularly Ifelodun/Offa/Oyun and entire Kwara South happy 63rd Independence Anniversary Celebration.”
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban