Gbenga Power who gave this assurance during his annual Christmas-New Year empowerment programme and distribution of food items in Igbaja, Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State said it is more fulfilling for wealthy persons to assist the less privileged around them.
The Philanthropist and stalwart of the All Progressives Congress, APC pointed out that he has never held any public but always provide succor to his people all year round.
He said the Gbenga Power Foundation which is a Non Governmental Organization has been touching lives in the last Twelve years through empowerment, provision of farm tools, scholarships, distribution of food during Muslim and Christian festive seasons all year round and drilling of about fifty boreholes.
Gbenga Power also used the occasion to announce to the people of Ifelodun, Offa and Oyun Constituency to support him next year in his ambition to contest for the Federal House of Representatives seat.
Earlier, the Babaloja of Ifelodun Local Government, Alhaji Yusuf Ayoku-Lawal admonished the people of Offa and Oyun Local hunters to support Gbenga Power who hails from Igbaja in Ifelodun Local Government stressing that he has all it takes to represent them in Abuja come 2023.
The event which was attended by members of the APC from Ifelodun, Offa and Oyun Local Government Areas featured goodwill messages from royal fathers and party stalwarts such as Mr Muhammed Shiloh, Chief Ogunbayo, Alhaji Lateef Afolabi, Elerin of Adanla, Alatanda of Atanda, Alatiran of Atiran, Onikoyi of Omi-Aro and Onilupeju of Ilupeju among others.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus