Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger State has said that collaboration between the federal and state governments is required to tackle the security challenges facing the state.
Bello stated this on Wednesday in Minna, when he received the General Commanding Officer (GOC), 1 Division of the Nigerian Army, Kaduna, Maj.-Gen. Ali Keffi.
The governor, however, said that security was being beefed up in the state, adding that the GOC’s visit was an indication that the challenges in the state would soon come to an end.
“I am glad he (GOC) visited, we discussed the security situation. We briefed each other on the situation.
“He has assured us that they will do whatever they can to in no distance time, that we will see responses in addressing the situation,’’ the governor said.
Ali, who was in Niger in continuation of tour of formations under his Division, thanked the state government and the people of the state for their support to the troops.
The GOC assured that the security challenges in the state soon would be addressed.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children