Ikpeazu stated this late Monday in Umuahia in a press release signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Chief Onyebuchi Ememanka.
Ikpeazu said that new Director-General had a track record and pedigree that had made her a history maker, pace setter and powerful pathfinder for the women on the global scene.
He said that Okonjo-Iweala’s emergence as “the first woman ever and the first African” to occupy the position was a clear testimony to her brilliance, tenacity, experience and wide acceptance across international borders.
Ikpeazu said that her emergence was another evidence that success was the reward for excellence and hard work.
He said: “I am particularly delighted that Okonjo-Iweala is an Abia woman by virtue of her marriage to an Abian, Dr. Ikemba Iweala, from Umuda Isingwu in Umuahia North Local Government Area.
“There are many strategic interventions made possible by Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, which directly benefitted the people of Abia State during her stint as Nigeria’s Minister of Finance.”
Ikpeazu said that the official confirmation of Okonjo-Iweala’s appointment, which makes her the first woman and African to head the WTO, was a deep source of pride to Abia.
He said that he was confident that Okonjo-Iweala would bring her wealth of experience in global economic development and cross border relationship management to bear in her new assignment.
Ikpeazu wished the new Director-General divine speed, protection and the very best in her new job.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign