The Special Adviser to the Nasarawa state Governor on Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Community Development Mr John Mamman, has been abducted.
The unfortunate incidence occured despite the fact that residents of Nasarawa state are trying to grapple with the partial lockdown of the state following the outbreak of the coronavirus.
The chairman of Kokona Local government area, Saidu Kurki, revealed that Mr Mamman was whisked away Saturday night at about 8pm at his house in the Dari community of Kokona Local Government Area.
He said: “Mr Mamman alongside his friends were relaxing in his apartment when kidnappers invaded his house shooting sporadically in the air after which they whisked him away.”
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the abductors are yet to contact the family or government for any demand.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank