Grammy-nominated musician and producer Sophie Xeon has died aged 34.
The news was confirmed in a statement on Saturday, Jan 30, by her team.
The statement read: “It is with profound sadness that I have to inform you that musician and producer SOPHIE passed away this morning around 4am in Athens, where the artist had been living, following a sudden accident.
“At this time respect and privacy for the family is our priority.
“We would also ask for respect for her fanbase, and to treat the private nature of this news with sensitivity.”
The statement went on to cite her professional accolades adding: “SOPHIE was a pioneer of a new sound, one of the most influential artists in the last decade. Not only for ingenious production and creativity but also for the message and visibility that was achieved. An icon of liberation.”
Sophie had worked with the likes of Madonna and Charli XCX.
Her friends have taken to social media to pay tribute to the late star.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum