By Abubakar Saidu and Oni Qoyyum
The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, has been commended for his purposeful leadership as he turned 10 years on the throne.
In a statement signed on Thursday by the National Coordinator of the Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria, (MMWGN), Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, the monarch was described as a ‘Pride of Muslim Ummah’.
According to the statement, “In Nigeria today, the nation and the citizens are under the leadership of those who are concerned solely about themselves but pretends to serve the people but Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar has scaled-up the level of traditional leadership by being selfless, committed, dedicated and responsive to yearnings of the people by promoting unity, peace and stability in the country.
“In his attempt to promote religious tolerance, he has from time to time organized and promoted inter-religious dialogue with a view to educate the people that though, we are diverse in terms of religious beliefs, we are from only one God; who enjoins us to be our brothers’ keepers.”
The group therefore prayed for the Sultan as he turned 10 years on the throne wishing him more successful reign for the peace and development of the nation, Africa continent and world at large.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin