By Abubakar Saidu and Oni Qoyyum
The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, has been commended for his purposeful leadership as he turned 10 years on the throne.
In a statement signed on Thursday by the National Coordinator of the Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria, (MMWGN), Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi, the monarch was described as a ‘Pride of Muslim Ummah’.
According to the statement, “In Nigeria today, the nation and the citizens are under the leadership of those who are concerned solely about themselves but pretends to serve the people but Sultan Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar has scaled-up the level of traditional leadership by being selfless, committed, dedicated and responsive to yearnings of the people by promoting unity, peace and stability in the country.
“In his attempt to promote religious tolerance, he has from time to time organized and promoted inter-religious dialogue with a view to educate the people that though, we are diverse in terms of religious beliefs, we are from only one God; who enjoins us to be our brothers’ keepers.”
The group therefore prayed for the Sultan as he turned 10 years on the throne wishing him more successful reign for the peace and development of the nation, Africa continent and world at large.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends