A clash between the police with Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Eastern Security Network (ESN) has claimed the lives of the bandit’s life, during a raid on police camp located at Akata in Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State on Friday, August 27.
The police spokesman CSP Michael Abattam, disclosed in a statement that the police teams were attacked by the secessionist group on approaching the camp.
Abattam said in the battle that ensued on their wayback, that the bandit reinforced and regrouped using palm tree logs as blockage to the entire exit path in the bush.
He furthered, that the Bandit attacked with petrol bombs and improvised explosive devices I.E.D, burning down one of the Police Hilux vehicle, killing a police officer and two others who sustained bullet injuries are been treated in the hospital.
He acclaimed that the head of the IPOB/ESN group and others were neutralised, while others fled into the bush with bullets injuries.
He said items recovered include three Improvised Explosives Devices (I.E.D), two Pump Action Guns, nine Cartridges, One Locally Made Pistol and One Toyota Highlander SUV vehicle with registration number IMO DFB 535 LC.
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn