A High Court in Cross River State, sitting in Calabar, the State capital has granted another ex parte motion stopping the embattled Chairman of the party, Uche Secondus from parading himself as the national chairman.
Barely two days after the Rivers State High Court gave an order stopping him as Chairman of the party, Justice Nusirat. I. Umar, a vacation Judge of the Kebbi State High Court, on Thursday, ordered Secondus to return to his position as chairman of the opposition party.
However, another ruling by Edem Kooffreh, a vacation judge in Cross Rivers State upheld the order by the Rivers High Court.
The Judge gave the order on Friday, while ruling on a motion ex parte marked HC/240/2021 which was filed by Enang Wani.
The new order also banned Secondus from resuming or visiting the party’s office as chairman.
According to the Judge, “An order of interim injunction restraining the first defendant (Secondus) from presiding over the national executive committee meeting of the 2nd defendant scheduled to hold on Saturday, the 28th of August, 2012 or any subsequent meeting of the national executive committee of the second defendant and from presiding over any meeting of any organ of the second defendant or attending any of such meetings of functions in the capacity of national chairman of the party or in any other manner or form attempting to forcefully gain entrance into any such meetings or into the premises of the second defendant as national chairman of the party pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.
“An order of interim injunction restraining the second defendant, its members, officers and agents from recognising the first defendant as its national chairman or from according him any of the powers, rights or privileges due to the holder of the office of the national chairman of the 2nd defendant pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign