The group mantained that for lasting peace and harmony in the state, “There is urgent need for the Kwara State government to complete its assignment by changing the names of all government grant-aided schools across the state.
This is contained in a statement issued on Wednesday by the National President of the group, Dr. AbdulKadir Oba-Solagberu. He noted that “It is an affront for any person or groups to claim ownership of any establishment funded with Tax Payers’ money.
“Irrespective of their faiths, government should change names of all missionaries schools belonging to both Christians and Muslims in the state. Let us all remember that government is solely responsible for the recruitment, promotion, transfer as well as termination of appointments of workers of the schools.
“In addition, government pays their salaries, entitlements, retirements benefits (gratuities) and pensions. Therefore, it is very pertinent to note that where other people’s right stops is where other people’s right begins. Goverment should stand up to its duties by enforcing the formula adopted in the case of Ilorin College Ilorin which was established by the first Senior Advocate of Nigeria, (SAN) in the Northern Region and father of the incumbent Governor of Kwara State, late Lawyer A.G.F. Abdulrazaq, and was later changed to become Government High School, Adeta-Ilorin when government commenced grant aiding of the school.
“Precedence are evident in states across the country and the position of the law is clear and well interpreted by legal luminaries. Let’s avoid sentiments.
“Can any mission or missionaries cope with the huge debts incurred by the state government in the course of running these schools? Therefore, if not done now, the temporary solution may amount to the fact that we are all sitting on kegs of gunpowder which may soon explode.”
Dr. Solagberu therefore advised Muslims and residents of Ilorin to remain calm and law abiding in their dispositions as well as sustain the good image of the Ilorin Emirate and Kwara State at large.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport