Humphrey Anumudu, Imo Labour Party guber aspirant, found dead
A Labour Party aspirant in the upcoming Governorship primaries in Imo State, Chief Humphrey Anumudu has been found dead in his house.
The aspirant died in his house in Lagos after he had returned from an LP meeting at the party national headquarters in Abuja on Friday.
A native of Mbieri Ancient Kingdom in Mbaitoli Local Government Area of Imo state, Anumudu was reportedly found dead in his house in what family sources described as a “spiritual attack.”
As a multi-billionaire businessman cum politician, he has been contesting for the governorship seat of the state since 1998.
He was said to be the true winner of the Peoples Democratic Party governorship primary in the state in 1998 before the ticket was ceded to Achike Udenwa who went on to rule the state between 1999 and 2007.
Since then he had been contesting for the number one seat of the state. In 2019 he was the Zenith Labour party governorship candidate.
A close friend of the deceased said that he died around 5:30 pm on Friday.
The late politician had already paid the sum of 25 million Naira for Labour Party’s Governorship form for the November 11th 2023 Guber contest.
Chief Anumudu, a respected legal luminary and an astute politician was also the Chief Executive Officer of Globe Motors.
He contested for the Governorship election in the past under the All Progressives Grand Alliance.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate