The father of a young woman reportedly raped by bandits in a viral video, Kabir Ibrahim has called on President Buhari to take decisive action to restore security in the North West and North East part of the country.
Speaking to Vanguard on Monday, December 14, Ibrahim who hails from Faskari, Katsina State said he is traumatised by the dehumanizing treatment his young daughter was susbjected to.
“I come from Faskari the Southern most part of Katsina State bordering Zamfara State in the North West of Nigeria. The lady in the video is my daughter so I am personally involved in this unfolding drama. I am in a state of shock and despair especially that I encouraged her to vote this Government into power.” he said.
“I would have resigned my appointment upon watching the dastardly act in the video if I held any appointment at least to show my displeasure at the state of affairs. I am not calling on the President to resign but asking him to redouble his effort to restore security in Nigeria especially in the North West and North East where Insecurity has taken its toll.
“In the North East, this mayhem has been lingering for upward of 11 years while in the North West it’s been on for nearly five years. I looked forward to the end of it all at the onset of the administration because the President is a retired General with a lot of experience in warfare having fought Nigeria’s civil war and served as commander-in-chief among other things before being elected.
“I am slightly disappointed that it is not happening but hopeful still that it could happen if the following decisions are taken immediately. Reinvigorate the security management Architecture by injecting new blood into it because there is apparent fatigue right now.”
Ibrahim called on the government to defoliate and bulldoze forests in North West, North East and parts of North Central which have provided a cover for armed bandits and terrorists for many years.
“Defoliate and sectorially bulldoze all the forests in the regions affected by banditry in the North East and North West and some parts of the North Central. Suspend all development projects and concentrate on the restoration of security forthwith. Declare a state of emergency in the severely affected regions,” he stated.
“Recall all the reservists who are still able to beef up the security services for the state of emergency period. Convene a Council of State meeting to get all the past leaders, the traditional leaders of the country to commit to the restoration of security. Reinvigorate the Federal executive council by appointing fresh and strong persons to manage the affairs of the various Ministries and MDAs.” he added.
Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Contact: [email protected]
- Update: Wife of Pastor Mike Davids who accused Apostle Johnson Suleman of sleeping with her, breaks her silence (videos)
- Osun State Govt rescues 20-year-old physically disabled woman locked up in abandoned house for five years by her family
- Court orders release of Ibrahim El-Zakzaky’s wife for COVID-19 treatment
- Israel bans all passenger flights in and out of country to curb COVID-19 spread
- EFCC loses money laundering case against Atiku Abubakar’s lawyer
- Court dismisses charges against four #EndSARS protesters arrested in Abuja
- “If you say that using the left hand to give someone something is bad then you should also be okay with the killing of twins” Actress Kiki Omeili writes
- Photos of the four Brazilian soccer players killed in plane crash alongside club president as they traveled separately from rest of the squad after testing positive for COVID
- Apostle Suleman dismisses report that he is being investigated for allegedly sleeping with a former Pastor’s wife
- Yoruba leaders have warned President Buhari not to arrest me- Sunday Igboho says (video)
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- News1 year ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Metro10 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics1 year ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)