Vulnerable women in Imo have received N475 million from the Federal Government under its conditional cash transfer programme for rural women.
Speaking at the official flag-off of the programme in Owerri on Friday, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Mrs Sadiya Farouq, said the programme was designed as part of government’s social inclusion and poverty reduction agenda.
Farouq handed over N20,000 to each beneficiary and urged the women to put the money to effective use so that government’s objective of lifting vulnerable women out of poverty would be achieved.
“This grant was introduced in year 2020 as part of Federal Government’s social inclusion and poverty reduction agenda. It includes the national aspiration of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years.
“Under the programme, a grant of N20,000 each will be given to more than 150,000 rural women across the country.
“The Federal Government enrolled 11,687 beneficiaries in Imo under the conditional cash transfer programme and they have received a total of N475 million in 10 Local Government Areas of the state.
“This programme will extend more lifting hand to some of the dearest citizens of our beloved country and we urge them to put it to effective use,’’ the minister said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment