India’s COVID-19 tally surpassed 10 million on Saturday, reaching 10,004,599 as 25,152 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.
According to the data, the death toll mounted to 145,136 as 347 COVID-19 patients have died since Friday morning.
There are still 308,751 active cases in the country, while 9,550,712 people have been discharged so far from hospitals after medical treatment.
Meanwhile, the federal government has ramped up COVID-19 testing facilities across the country, as more than 160 million tests have been conducted.
As many as 160,090,514 tests had been conducted till Friday, out of which 1,171,868 tests were conducted on Friday alone, said the latest data issued by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Saturday.
Delhi has been one of the most COVID-19 affected places in the country. As many as 1,418 new cases and 37 deaths were registered in the national capital during the past 24 hours.
So far as many as 10,219 people have died in Delhi due to COVID-19.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue