Acting Director of Information, Air Commodore Wap Maigida issued a statement to this effect on Thursday.
The spokesman decried campaign posters showing some governors dressed in camouflage uniforms.
Maigida declared that such was illegal and a clear abuse of privilege.
He said the Armed Forces of Nigeria remains apolitical and would not want to be dragged into politics.
Politicians and civilians were advised to stop wearing “camo” for political events and other engagements henceforth.
“Please note, anyone found culpable in this regard would be liable to prosecution”, the statement added.
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung